Thursday, August 20, 2009

Progress

Well, I am pleased to advise that I took my Japanese fabric to the Monday night craft group and cut more pieces for the blocks. That's as far as I got!! I have decided that I need more fabric (of course I do!!), and as I can't get to the appropriate patchwork shop until Friday (day off - yey!), I can't do much more on this quilt. Therefore, this weekend may bring more progress in the Japanese quilt saga - or maybe not!

I know what the problem is, I have been spending far too much time on my new iPod touch and not enough time on my quilting projects. I do not feel guilty (too much) about this, as I found a great quote that fits this situation perfectly - 'Time you enjoyed wasting, is not wasted time'!! That makes me feel a whole lot better about not getting anywhere on my sister's quilt.

Eureka!! I finally have my pc back (that was a saga of its own), and although my music on iTunes still jumps when loading other programs, I can download movies onto my iPod - how cool is that?!?!?! I have just tried a music program that the IT guy loaded for me called Foobar 2000, and the music doesn't seem to jump on that - which is good - the only problem is that I can't select playlists - but I can live with that. Anything is preferable to having the music jump and stutter its way from beginning to end.

All my readers (I think there's only one of you at this stage), will be pleased to learn that I bought some more Japanese fabric today (Friday - day off), and it is now washed and ironed, and one piece is cut. I then got bored, and played with my iTouch some more!

I also finished pruning the roses in the front garden today - filled the large green wheelie bin and a separate smaller rubbish bin, and gained two blisters on my fingers (yes, I did wear gloves!) - I must just have really soft skin!! Considering the wheelie bin was emptied on Tuesday, and won't be emptied again until Tuesday week, that seems to be the end of the pruning for the moment - and a great excuse not to mow the lawn - no room to put the grass clippings.

Until next week .....






No comments:

Post a Comment