Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Success!

Although I wouldn't consider our first market an amazing success, we had some sales and by the looks of the small crowd there on Sunday, we may have been one of the minority of stalls who did. It was a very quiet market - that's just not us saying it, that was the overall feeling of the stall holders and operators. It was a great experience, and we were both very pleased that we had done a trial run of putting up the tent the day before, so that although we didn't look like complete professionals on the day, we didn't look like dorks either. Our stall was set up and decorated well before the 8.30 a.m. deadline, and in our cream coloured aprons with red and white rosettes (many thanks to the 'artistic friend'), we looked thoroughly in our element. We kept being told that it can take up to 12 months to make a success of something like this, so I will keep all my readers posted! I think we both have a little bit of restocking to do, but found that we had ample stock on the day to keep up with our sales.

On the tail of the market success, I completed both the wedding and engagement quilts. They both look fabulous, and I even remembered to take photos of them before wrapping them (which is quite unusual for me!).

This is a short blog for me, as I have run out of things to say (also unusual!).

No comments:

Post a Comment