Thursday, February 25, 2010

Change of Plans .....

Although the 'artistic friend' and I were quite keen with the market stall idea, life has decided to point us in another direction. Due to children's weekend sports programmes, the practicality of attending weekend markets just didn't work. Therefore, a website called 'madeit.com.au' seems to fit the bill very nicely. It is a site that sells handmade items. I had been thinking of selling my products on etsy.com, but this seemed more appropriate for the professional artisan, whereas madeit.com.au has a more homemade/handmade feel to it.

Both the 'artistic friend' and I have stalls on the madeit.com.au website - toffeeandwren and retrogarnet. No sales have been made by either of us yet, but our stalls have only been operating for 1 day!

We are selling everything from podpals to dilly bags, beaded bookmarks, plastic covered bags and anything other craft item that we find we have made lots of and haven't yet given away as presents.


Our next effort is to design a banner for each of our stalls, and we should then look very professional, even if we don't feel it yet.

I have lots of photos to take of my dilly bags so that I can update my market stall, and I will keep all my readers abreast of our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment