Sunday, January 17, 2010

One project is never enough!

I just committed a fatal mistake - going to a patchwork shop with the realisation that I have very few UFOs (unfinished objects), and am therefore able to buy yet more fabric without any great feelings of guilt. The visit to the patchwork shop was a valid one - putting two of the finished quilt tops in to be quilted. Perhaps the purchase of more fabric wasn't valid, but the colours will suit my house very well, and it is quite some time since I made a quilt just for me (that's my reasoning anyway!).

I am also half-way through hand-quilting the 'wine' quilt (it has only taken a week), so another reason for the fabric purchase is that when the new quilt top is finished, I can hand-quilt this one, which will therefore give me something to do on craft nights. I have also promised a friend that if she buys whatever fabric she likes, I will make her a quilt, so that will also give me something to do and will give me the satisfaction of making a quilt, but without the cost.

The 'artistic friend', who is back from Queensland, is very involved in various stamping projects at the moment, and although I think the results are fabulous, I don't seem to have any interest and am happy just to concentrate on cutting up fabulous pieces of fabric and put them back together in a different way (which was my mother's view of patchwork).

I went back to the beach yesterday with a second lot of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which went down very well with all the kids (teenagers), but not very well with their mother. The niece and I knew that if we had told my sister that I was bringing more doughnuts she wouldn't have let me, so we just didn't tell her! Anyway, the first dozen disappeared within the hour, and the second dozen would have gone by now - so there is really nothing for her to worry about.

The fourth day of the Australia-Pakistan 3rd cricket test has been abandoned due to rain, so my excuse for just sitting in the lounge room and watching the TV has gone. Therefore, I will now go and rescue washing from the dryer, do a small grocery shop (as I don't have anything for dinner), and possibly do some ironing. Overall, not a great way to end the day, but necessary.

Chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment