Saturday, November 6, 2010

Christmas is coming!!!

Yes, once again, Christmas is sneaking up on all of us. This year I have been pleasantly surprised to find the idea for my 'teacher' presents early, and have now completed 22 reindeers! OK, they may not all be in authentic colours but, as Kirstie from BBC4 says 'What the heck. I think they are pretty, and that's all that matters!!'.

All I need to do now is to make some shortbread or chocolates to accompany the reindeers, and then that task is finished. I suppose I should now turn my hand to writing Christmas cards, but should probably clear all the stuffing, red noses and small black button eyes from the lounge room first, as it is looking slightly disorganised and messier than normal (I really didn't think that was possible).

My artistic friend, her artistic son and I, wandered around Spotlight this morning for an hour or so, and a very enjoyable time was had by all. I bought myself a laser cut wooden Christmas tree and some orange spray paint and seed beads. Who said that Christmas should be red and green?! Keep watching this blog to see the end result.

Well, back to basics - the washing machine has finished and the sun is still shining, so I had better get the washing on the line before I lose my eco friendly thoughts, and put all the washing into the clothes dryer.

Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer ....................


No comments:

Post a Comment