Friday, April 2, 2010

Finished!!

I am pleased to say that I finished the really, really, really urgent project (memory quilt for a 50th birthday) on time - in fact 1 day early! I surprised everyone, including myself.

I was sure that I would be the one who 'put their foot in it' and let the birthday girl know what was happening before time, but even though she knew I was scheming with her husband and boys, she wasn't prepared for the quilt - which was great!!


So, now time to pack up all the green fabric and begin to get the 5" squares off the bed in the front room and put into a quilt with a New Zealand theme. The family is coming for dinner on Easter Sunday, so the cleaning of the house (massive job - cottons ALL over the floor), may delay this project for a while, but I have the Good Friday Appeal blaring away on the TV and if I just pull my finger out and get on with it, I may surprise myself again, and have the NZ quilt, if not finished, at least together, by the end of the day.

Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment